VESC has died, need help to diagnose reasons

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
arvidb
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: VESC has died, need help to diagnose reasons

Postby arvidb » 12 Apr 2017, 09:30

You also need headroom for voltage spikes caused by inductance. They are a bit more difficult to estimate though...

rew
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby rew » 13 Apr 2017, 07:42

stigan

Postby stigan » 27 Jun 2018, 18:16

Hello,
I hope to get help via this thread:
Two vesc died after I installed them on a skateboard. Not sure the reason but I set it to FOC controlled with current and regen brake -which I have already broken one other vesc on doing..
The board has no resistance when I attempt to power it from mains - it seems to be shorting out, and current increase to infinite after 3v
This time I can use a flir camera to see that the two components heats up when I power up the board: TC2117 and VP232.
There are no visible burns or broken components. -and there was no smoke when they died (not that I noticed).

Do you think I can just replace the components heating up? -or could the error be rooted in some other component?

RuBisCO

Postby RuBisCO » 06 Jul 2018, 04:02

Return to “Hardware Problems”