Controlling the VESC with an AVR microcontroller

Support for creating custom user applications on the VESC.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
enz0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Controlling the VESC with an AVR microcontroller

Postby enz0 » 16 Oct 2018, 15:53

Hello everybody,

I would like to control the VESC and receive data from it using an AVR microcontroller (AT90CAN128).

I have read trough the tutorial "Communicating with the VESC using UART", however, since I am a beginner in programming microcontrollers I have trouble getting started. One problem is, that on the AT90CAN I don't have an RTOS, so the code has to be changed quite a lot I think (all the things that are related to the ChibiOS don't work).
Can anybody give me advice on how I can apply the solution given in the above mentioned article to my AT90CAN?
What are the steps I need to take? What are the things I have to change compared to the given code?

Thank you so much!

Enzo

Return to “Custom Applications”