Speed control tuning for 500-1000 RPM

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vadim
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Speed control tuning for 500-1000 RPM

Postby vadim » 02 Sep 2018, 20:06

Hardware 4.12, firmware 3.40, FOC, ABI encoder, 350kV motor

Hi forum !

I'm looking for guidelines / advise on tuning speed controller for smooth operation in relatively low speed range (500-1000RPM) with varying load.

With default wizard-generated parameters I'm seeing uneven speed and practically no torque response to load - see screenshot below.

Thanks for any help
Attachments
VESC screenshot.png
VESC screenshot.png (392.51 KiB) Viewed 297 times

vadim

Re: Speed control tuning for 500-1000 RPM

Postby vadim » 06 Sep 2018, 19:12

To answer my own question, what eventually solved the problem for me was fixing the alignment of encoder magnet.

Return to “General”