UART connection to Arduino (RollingGecko)

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ksau
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

UART connection to Arduino (RollingGecko)

Postby ksau » 23 Aug 2018, 18:34

Hi friends of the VESC,

I am trying to talk to my VESC (HW 410, FW 3.30) from an Arduino Mega using the UART interface. Does not work out of the box with the RollingGecko library.

Basic communication takes place, my scope shows communication from arduino to the vesc directly followed from a lengthy answer package in the opposite direction. But: VescUartGetValue(measuredValues) always returns false.

Tracking it further down "int lenPayload = ReceiveUartMessage(payload)" always receives a lenPayload of 54. As a length > 55 is expected here something seems to be wrong... Protocol version incompatibility?

Any ideas anybody?

Thank you in advance and best regards
Keith

TheFallen

Re: UART connection to Arduino (RollingGecko)

Postby TheFallen » 24 Aug 2018, 07:48

I don't have access to my code right now, but I think that's that I did. Try it and see.

Return to “General”