Dual motor setup over CAN with UART

Support for creating custom user applications on the VESC.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
radios24
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Dual motor setup over CAN with UART

Postby radios24 » 20 Jun 2018, 14:36

Hello I've open new topic on parallel forum but unfortunately nobody is responding for that :( I reall need someones help in this problem. Please visit this topic:
https://www.vesc-project.com/node/482

Best regards,
Pawel

pf26

Re: Dual motor setup over CAN with UART

Postby pf26 » 21 Jun 2018, 16:49

To send commands to the master VESC (ID=1), I think you better send the command directly, and not use the Forward command :
i.e. remove these 2 lines when ID=1
payload[index++] = COMM_FORWARD_CAN ;
payload[index++] = address ;

I checked your CRC calculation. and it seems correct.
Maybe you should make sure you allow enough time before and after each serial frame, and start your VESC before you send UART commands.
Did you manage to send commands using UART, directly to just one VESC ? This is the first thing to try and fix before getting to the forwarding things. You need to check your UART settings (115200baudrate, 8bit No parity) -
for some reasons, I used 2 stops bits, can't remember why, but maybe it helps...

radios24

Re: Dual motor setup over CAN with UART

Postby radios24 » 22 Jun 2018, 15:52

Return to “Custom Applications”