Brushed Brakes

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
SlimSh8y

Brushed Brakes

Postby SlimSh8y » 10 Jun 2018, 11:33

Hey all, I'm new here to the forums. Thinking about getting a VESC for my esk8board setup and I have a few questions that maybe some much more knowledgeable people than myself can possibly help me with; When a VESC is running a Brushed DC motor, does the Regenerative Braking function work? Also, can I pair any RC Transmitter and Receiver with it? If so, where can I find instruction on how to pair and how to program functions in the controller?
Any help would be great.
Thank you

rew

Re: Brushed Brakes

Postby rew » 10 Jun 2018, 12:07

Yes, regenerative braking should work, also in brushed mode.

As to pairing: That has something to do with YOUR reciever and YOUR transmitter. After that, you connect your PWM out from the receiver to the PWM in of the VESC. Then you can configure the PWM input app.

SlimSh8y

Re: Brushed Brakes

Postby SlimSh8y » 11 Jun 2018, 16:18

@rew Thank you for the info. If I'm correct so far, the receiver gets power from the 5v BEC coming from the VESC in order to be able to pair it with the receiver in the first place, is that correct? And so then there is also a separate connection for the PWM out from the receiver to the VESC? Also, where would I find the PWM input app you referred to? This is my controller
remote controller.png
remote controller.png (300.94 KiB) Viewed 81 times
but it came with zero instructions, do you know where I could possibly find info on which pins of the receiver to use?
Thank you for your time.

Return to “General”