Make Upload Error

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bigginsking
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Make Upload Error

Postby bigginsking » 24 Apr 2018, 03:56

arvidb

Re: Make Upload Error

Postby arvidb » 24 Apr 2018, 17:20

How are you powering the VESC? The target voltage seems strange.

bigginsking

Postby bigginsking » 25 Apr 2018, 22:45

yeah, I was expecting something more like 3.3 V.

I've tried both with the the V-ESC powered with 36V and no power to the V-ESC, just the USB power to the discovery board.

I've got some connectors coming tonight that will let me try a shorter programming cable(I'm currently using a sensor wire and adapater that is around 15 cm long).

I'll report back if that cures the issue.

I'm still bothered by the flash drive not coming up, seems like that would be an easy work around.

bigginsking

Postby bigginsking » 26 Apr 2018, 00:52

I tried again with a programming wire that is about 6 cm long, no difference.

Any ideas?

rew

Postby rew » 30 Apr 2018, 06:45

bigginsking

Postby bigginsking » 03 May 2018, 03:34

rew

Postby rew » 03 May 2018, 06:35

Flashing the binary into the F411 on the discovery board is an "exercise" to see if you have the software and commands set up correctly.

The next step is to remove the jumpers hook up the cable to the target VESC and program the VESC. If that does not work, it would seem your connections are not correct or your VESC is broken. The error messages you get in THAT case are more important than showing you succesfully programmed the '411 on your discovery board.

Return to “General”