Bricked VESC Via COMM_SET_MCCONFIG?

Support for creating custom user applications on the VESC.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
twan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bricked VESC Via COMM_SET_MCCONFIG?

Postby twan » 03 Apr 2018, 05:18

Hey guys,

I was writing an application to write the motor config on the VESC. I was testing and was sending a packet over bluetooth to set the motor amps and battery amps on the VESC, I think I sent a packet that didnt have all of MCCONFIG so the controller grabbed some garbage values and set them. Now the VESC wont connect via usb nor my bluetooth app. Anyway to reset the VESC? Think its bricked...

twan

Re: Bricked VESC Via COMM_SET_MCCONFIG?

Postby twan » 05 Apr 2018, 22:11

Ahh, nevermind I solved the problem. I attached a STM Link programmer to the focbox by opening it up and attaching a header to it. Just FYI for those in the future who brick their focbox. You just need to reflash it.

Return to “Custom Applications”