DRV8302 error at higher voltage

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jasperlag
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DRV8302 error at higher voltage

Postby jasperlag » 14 Aug 2018, 18:50

Hi all,

I already wrote this on the vesc-project forums but didn't get any replies and was hoping to get more answers over here.

I build my VESC with HW 4.12 about 2 months ago and after some failures, like a burned DRV, I have it running my Turnigy SK3 149kV motor.

The problem: when I connect one 5S battery it works flawlessly, like you'd expect. Yet once I add a second battery in series to a total of 10S I get a DRV8302 error and the red light keeps blinking in cycles of 3... When I switch back to the 5S config no errors at all.

My voltage limits are set from 8V to 57V and I don't get a overvoltage error but a DRV error.

What could be causing this? Will post settings if needed

Thanks

Return to “Hardware Problems”