WTB: Where does one get the newest VESC boards? 5.0+?

If you plan to make a group order, if you have spare VESCs or parts for sale etc. you can post that here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

WTB: Where does one get the newest VESC boards? 5.0+?

Postby Kin » 16 Nov 2016, 02:35

Hi, I hope I'm not breaking forum rules here, with a WTB. I am not entirely sure the best place to locate this thread.

I am not 100% in the loop with VESC development, but I understand the V5 and newer boards are likely to be better with FOC. I want FOC for my application, so I am looking to get those boards, but I all the vendors I see are selling V4. Is there some reason for this that I am misunderstanding?

Many thanks!

[I'm also experienced with soldering and can do a kit if it's much cheaper or only option]

arvidb

Re: WTB: Where does one get the newest VESC boards? 5.0+?

Postby arvidb » 16 Nov 2016, 12:54

Hi Kin,

VESC 5.0 has not been released yet; the current hardware version is still 4.12. Judging from the posts here from Benjamin Vedder, he wants to make sure the hardware and firmware both works OK before releasing anything. He has also been busy rewriting the "bldc-tool" (which will be called vesc-tool in its new form, if I'm not mistaken).

So, we just need to be patient...

rew

Postby rew » 16 Nov 2016, 14:39

And.... Although V5 never was published, it was abandoned for new ideas that are incorporated into V6. So the next version will be V6.

Kin

Postby Kin » 17 Nov 2016, 03:33

Ah, shit! :). Well, thank you for that clear explanation.

I suppose I still "WTB" but I will be waiting for a bit longer. I can delete my thread, or keep it up for any other confused similarly uninformed souls? I certainly won't be offended if a mod deletes it.

Return to “For sale, orders, etc.”