VESC manufactured by Ollin Board Company

If you plan to make a group order, if you have spare VESCs or parts for sale etc. you can post that here.
chaka

VESC manufactured by Ollin Board Company

Postby chaka » 09 Jan 2016, 01:24

Three months ago we began manufacturing Vedder's motor controller in our little board shop located in New Mexico, USA. In the countless VESC's we have shipped not one has failed when properly installed. This has revealed that with good manufacturing, authentic components and quality control the VESC is a very robust and reliable motor controller.

The only failures we have encountered so far where due to customer related short circuits from improperly insulated connectors or bent pins on the PPM input. In every case we repaired or replaced the damaged VESC free of charge. We know from personal experience how devastating something like this can be. Of course, if it becomes a reoccurring theme with one particular customer we may ask them to pay for the replacement components and shipping, which isn't much.

We also offer full customization of the VESC, custom baseplate with mounting holes, 5mOhm shunts, heat sinks and multi VESC modules etc.

http://www.ollinboardcompany.com/product/vedder-s-speed-controller

vitormhenrique

Re: VESC manufactured by Ollin Board Company

Postby vitormhenrique » 12 Jan 2016, 20:36

Awesome! Already have two in order! Can't wait!

rogerd

Postby rogerd » 22 Jan 2016, 13:11

Yeah - great if you are in the USA. Ordered in December for the UK. Got an email yesterday (21st Jan) telling me the postage has gone up from $10 to $60!! for a PCB - to the UK. I appreciate you have apparently taken some losses where customers claim to have not reecived their ESC, which is crap, I know, but changing postage on existing orders is not on. I accepted the offer of a refund, and and now a month down, with no ESC an searching for another source.

chaka

Postby chaka » 22 Jan 2016, 14:50

rogerd wrote:Yeah - great if you are in the USA. Ordered in December for the UK. Got an email yesterday (21st Jan) telling me the postage has gone up from $10 to $60!! for a PCB - to the UK. I appreciate you have apparently taken some losses where customers claim to have not reecived their ESC, which is crap, I know, but changing postage on existing orders is not on. I accepted the offer of a refund, and and now a month down, with no ESC an searching for another source.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. It is something we had to do to stop the losses. In a perfect world we could ship to you using usps first class but the world is not perfect. Some people take advantage the system and we simply cannot continue to ship via untraceable means.

rogerd

Postby rogerd » 27 Jan 2016, 20:30

I understand that but you should honour existing orders instead of waiting 3-4 weeks then emailing me and telling me the postage has gone up. I could have got one from elsewhere by now, but I've missed the productions runs in AUS and EU and won't get an esc now until the end of Feb.

vitormhenrique

Postby vitormhenrique » 08 Feb 2016, 17:02

I'm getting a little bit impatient too... Bought back in december, the website states two weeks delay, but still no sign of my vescs...

chaka

Postby chaka » 08 Feb 2016, 17:33

Sorry about the longer wait Vitor, we are finishing another batch today. I will double check to but I am sure your order is included if you ordered late Dec early Jan.

Might as well take a moment and announce how we are handling the latest hardware update. Every VESC leaving our shop now comes complete with the C18 mod. We opted to use a higher rated capacitor instead of stacking two 2.2uf caps. I was worried the stacked caps could end up tearing the pads on the pcb due to the added leverage and the small footprint. We also have version 4.12 PCB's in fab so those will be available soon but are essentially the same as 4.11 with a higher rated cap at C18.

justinkgoh

Postby justinkgoh » 01 Mar 2016, 14:26

Woah. Why the increase in price all of a sudden? Increased from $110 to $165.

chaka

Postby chaka » 01 Mar 2016, 15:26

The price increase was due to multiple factors. We have added several steps to our production process and the cost of components has also increased.

The most note worthy change made is the addition of a protective coating to the VESC. This coating protects the VESC against moisture, dirt, dust, thermal shocks, and scratches that could corrode, short circuit, or otherwise damage the circuit. It also insulates against high-voltage arcing, shorts, and static discharges. This coating provides a high dielectric constant that withstands voltage and allows traces to be put closer together.

Another important step we have added is an ultrasonic bath to remove any balled solder that could potentially cause a short circuit.

These added steps are standard in the automotive and aerospace industry and should be included in the production of anything used in an uncontrolled environment.

Of course these added steps have added a considerable amount of time to the production line forcing us to raise the price of the VESC's we produce.

After you take into account that we also repair any damaged VESC we sell for the cost of components and shipping, most find the price very reasonable.

justinkgoh

Postby justinkgoh » 02 Mar 2016, 18:12

Sounds like nice additions! Very reasonable for the price of that is the case. Just wondering if you could post pictures of the new versions just to quench my curiosity.

Return to “For sale, orders, etc.”