VESCs with the extra sensor adaptor

If you plan to make a group order, if you have spare VESCs or parts for sale etc. you can post that here.
david

Re: VESCs with the extra sensor adaptor

Postby david » 26 Oct 2016, 12:13

That's plain wrong! Did you see how many cables (and which) should be connected normally via can bus?

Also I second xlv's statement, it's not ok that sellers who only contribute in the sales section are pushing their products frequently here.
VESCs made in Germany http://www.esk8.de

electricity

Re: VESCs can bus connetor

Postby electricity » 27 Oct 2016, 03:16

Hey folks, take it easy. Before I buy products, I need to know them and I have searched a lot to find the most reliable one. When I came to this fantastic forum at the first place, I saw this thread. No matter it is spam or not, it helps me to search the products I want. Please do not judge so early. Check this video: https://youtu.be/R4yFK6OSylY
It seems that someone had made it work with the VESC can bus.
Please recommend the best VESC you used. I need them, maybe more in the future.
Thanks you all. ;)

david

Postby david » 27 Oct 2016, 05:58

Ok, let me explain it to you:

A guy who is selling VESCs is showing publicly, how to create ground loops on the CAN bus which will destroy your VESCs almost for sure. He is connecting all 4 cables on the CAN bus (including GND and 5V) instead of only the 2 middle ones. Now, you can go ahead with that and maybe you are amongst the lucky ones (might be around 10% probability) who's VESCs will not be destroyed. Great, it worked! ;)

If your VESCs are not surviving it - and that's the more likely assumption - please send your VESC back to that guy for repair on warranty. Because that's then exactly what it is after showing you how to destroy your VESC: a warranty case!
VESCs made in Germany http://www.esk8.de

rideon

Postby rideon » 27 Oct 2016, 07:27

WOW! :roll:

electricity

Postby electricity » 28 Oct 2016, 03:14

david wrote:Ok, let me explain it to you:

A guy who is selling VESCs is showing publicly, how to create ground loops on the CAN bus which will destroy your VESCs almost for sure. He is connecting all 4 cables on the CAN bus (including GND and 5V) instead of only the 2 middle ones. Now, you can go ahead with that and maybe you are amongst the lucky ones (might be around 10% probability) who's VESCs will not be destroyed. Great, it worked! ;)

If your VESCs are not surviving it - and that's the more likely assumption - please send your VESC back to that guy for repair on warranty. Because that's then exactly what it is after showing you how to destroy your VESC: a warranty case!

Hey David, I got your point. Thanks. :) I'm checking more. Still learning...

Martinsp

Postby Martinsp » 03 Jan 2017, 13:15

Hello,
I bought one of your VESC and I have a problem... it shows a drv 8302 fault code.

It happend like this: i soldered the connectors and connected it to my 10s battery (40.1V at that time) and it loaded correctly as far as i know and also connected to the BLDC tool with the 2.18 FW (it is the 4.12 HW) so it seems to be correct so i configurred the voltage cut off and the amps and also before motor detection using FOC i cheched the APP configuration is set to "no app" becase i saw somewhere that it can throw the detection off and reloaded the VESC. After it loaded correctly again no warnings or faults i proceeded with the motor detection using FOC. It went good and the numbers were very close to what i usually get with my other VESC that is the same HW and FW. The motor I use is BLDC outrunner 6355 250kv sensorless. But When i tried to run the motor using arrow keys on my keyboard it went into one direction fine but when i pressed the other arrow key it once slowed down and started spinning the other direction and stopped the motor or didnt even start to spin the other direction just flashed the red lignt and the fault code was FAULT_CODE_DRV8302. I will post pictures of the VESC when i get home because I have a feeling what might have caused it... there is a bit of the coil broken off during the shipping I think because it was broken when I opened the package. And also i saw on some other thread that the hall sensor pins sometimes pinch the positive cable on the bottom. But I cant fix any of this without removing the clear heatshrink because it would probably void the warranty. The drv chip however looks to be in a good shape it has no obvious defects or shorted pins as far as i can see. I dont want to repair it my self because it should be covered by the warranty since i have not done anything unusuall considering that i built the ther VESC myself and it works flawlessly for about 5 months now.

I sent an email to michhobby that sells these maytech VESCs but no reply in 24hrs so I post it here also.

Thanks everyone for reply in advance, I will post the pictures of the faulty VESC soon.

Martinsp

Postby Martinsp » 03 Jan 2017, 13:44

Here are the photos
Attachments
DSC_0953.JPG
DSC_0953.JPG (965.03 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
DSC_0952.JPG
DSC_0952.JPG (977.14 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
DSC_0951.JPG
DSC_0951.JPG (971.64 KiB) Viewed 1736 times

Martinsp