MINI compatible with VESC® Software

If you plan to make a group order, if you have spare VESCs or parts for sale etc. you can post that here.
arvidb

Re: MINI compatible with VESC® Software

Postby arvidb » 11 Dec 2017, 16:12

BTW, I like your motor test bench setup. I see you are using a "beam" (or "helical") type of flexible coupling. Does it work satisfactorily for you in this application? How much speed can it handle without too much vibration? There seems to be nothing available for "RC speed" testing (i.e. ~35000 rev/min)...

It looks like you are simply shorting the load motor's leads (although it's difficult to see in the videos)? So maybe you are not testing at high speeds anyway? :)

ThierryGTLTS

Postby ThierryGTLTS » 11 Dec 2017, 17:46

Is it the V0.4 or the V0.5 that you tested on the videos :?: :!:

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

antonchromjak

Postby antonchromjak » 12 Dec 2017, 08:31

arvidb wrote:Was it the change of C80 from 2.2 µF to 10 µF that made it work better with higher voltages?

NO, driver high sinkink current did that probably

arvidb wrote:BTW, I like your motor test bench setup. I see you are using a "beam" (or "helical") type of flexible coupling. Does it work satisfactorily for you in this application? How much speed can it handle without too much vibration? There seems to be nothing available for "RC speed" testing (i.e. ~35000 rev/min)...

Speed is not problem. Vibration goes from load that is just shorted motor. Best way to do it is to have second vesc for breaking.

I will be doing new one with two 10kW watercooled motors from alibaba so I can test larger boards. Already shipped.
https://reachertech.en.alibaba.com/prod ... e211JyGRuT

arvidb wrote:It looks like you are simply shorting the load motor's leads (although it's difficult to see in the videos)? So maybe you are not testing at high speeds anyway? :)

no in video, when pcbs arrive I will do more testing videos

ThierryGTLTS wrote:Is it the V0.4 or the V0.5 that you tested on the videos :?: :!:

it is v0.4 https://github.com/antonchromjak/MINI4

antonchromjak

Postby antonchromjak » 12 Dec 2017, 08:36

can someone recommend some small motor that is problematic for VESC so I can test it and show you how it does on MINI4 ?

ThierryGTLTS

Postby ThierryGTLTS » 12 Dec 2017, 09:55

I canno't help you for the small motor, sorry.

Can you tell me the exact references of the MLCC capacitors you use in parallel because it is a very critical point :!:

MLCC capacitors may have problems with DC bias, and some can loose more than 80% of their value for high voltages.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

antonchromjak

Postby antonchromjak » 12 Dec 2017, 11:04

ThierryGTLTS wrote:Can you tell me the exact references of the MLCC capacitors you use in parallel because it is a very critical point :!:

I use CGA5L3X7S2A225K160AB.
http://sk.farnell.com/tdk/cga5l3x7s2a22 ... /2211106RL
but any 100V 1206 X7R X7S 2u2 or higher should work well

ThierryGTLTS

Postby ThierryGTLTS » 12 Dec 2017, 12:44

Thanks.

Here is the link to the data viewer of TDK Components https://www2.tdk.co.jp/ccv/index.asp?lang=en.

Choose agree > MLCC > Type the Part No. > Next.

You'll find that this capacitor (CGA5L3X7S2A225K160AB) is -60% of it's value at 45V DC.

However you circuit seems to work well and that's the most important thing ;) ;)

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

arvidb

Postby arvidb » 12 Dec 2017, 14:51

The "kicad_subory" footprint library seems to be missing from the github repo. If you could add that I would be greatful. (Either to the MINI4 repo directly, or to a separate repo if you don't want it in the MINI4 tree.)

Also, any particular reason why you've used resistor footprints for most of the capacitors? Not that it matters really, just curious. :) The Capacitors_SMD library (at https://github.com/KiCad/Capacitors_SMD.pretty) contains nice models for ceramic caps.

Another thing that would be helpful would be if you tagged the git commits that correspond to a version number with that number. (Tags are not included in push by default, see e.g. here for how to push them to GitHub.)

antonchromjak

Postby antonchromjak » 12 Dec 2017, 15:23

arvidb wrote:Also, any particular reason why you've used resistor footprints for most of the capacitors? Not that it matters really, just curious. :) The Capacitors_SMD library (at https://github.com/KiCad/Capacitors_SMD.pretty) contains nice models for ceramic caps.

just laziness and fact that I didn't plan to share it

arvidb wrote:The "kicad_subory" footprint library seems to be missing from the github repo. If you could add that I would be greatful. (Either to the MINI4 repo directly, or to a separate repo if you don't want it in the MINI4 tree.)

Another thing that would be helpful would be if you tagged the git commits that correspond to a version number with that number. (Tags are not included in push by default, see e.g. here for how to push them to GitHub.)

I will fix it today

arvidb

Postby arvidb » 16 Jan 2018, 14:55

Hi again antonchromjak!

Any chance you could upload the kicad_subory and mojaKniznica libraries that goes along with your commit 7896bc34 to this forum?

I cannot open your latest commit in kicad-4.0.7. So I built kicad from commit a01d81e (which I believe is the same that you used for your latest commit?), but then running CvPcb results in a crash. :(

KiCad really is a mess. :(

Return to “For sale, orders, etc.”