Automotive BLDC control

Support for creating custom user applications on the VESC.
pf26

Re: Automotive BLDC control

Postby pf26 » 12 Jul 2017, 10:48

The analog input connects to P3-3 ADC_EXT (out of 6 pins) on older VESCs, and ground is pin4.
It connects to P3-4 ADC_EXT (out of 7 pins) on VESC 4.12, and ground is pin3.

trucklodedad

Postby trucklodedad » 19 Jul 2017, 23:52

Well I guess I have been beaten again. Software issues. What software do I need to program the vesc on a Windows 10 pc? Nothing I have tried works on this PC. Windows bldc tool takes me to an Australian domain service and Ubuntu won't load on this computer.

pf26

Postby pf26 » 21 Jul 2017, 08:25

Something against Australian domain services ? The windows versions of bldc tools were indeed adapted by an Aussie.

Elowe65

Postby Elowe65 » 28 Jul 2017, 13:51

trucklodedad wrote:I have a 1977 Chevy C20 hot rod that I am almost ready to turn the key except for one small piece...crankcase vacuum pump. I have decided that to maximize efficiency it would be best to drive this vacuum pump with an electric motor. The only motors that have found with the right torque and RPM are BLDC motors. I have an aftermarket Holley ECU controlling the EFI, transmission and various additional electrical accessories I have added to the truck. The ECU has CANBUS (although I don't know the protocol yet) and programmable PWM outputs. The PWM is programmable from 1 to 1000Hz in 12VDC PWM+ or PWM-. The duty cycle is programmed into an X and Y axis table based on the selected inputs, in my case it will be crankcase pressure via a 1 bar MAP sensor plumbed to the crankcase. I want to know how to interface the VESC to ECU to control BLDC motor speed. Is this possible with some VESC programming?

I'd be interested in any info if you got this working. Looking to do something similar (holley Efi to drive rc servos)

Thanks,
Eric

Return to “Custom Applications”