VESC, ChibiOS & IAR

Support for creating custom user applications on the VESC.
yosoufe

VESC, ChibiOS & IAR

Postby yosoufe » 03 Feb 2017, 10:28

Hi,

How can I setup the IAR for the VESC code? Has anybody done it?

I would like to know also whether is it possible to use newer ChibiOS versions with VESC? the version that VESC is using is 3.0.2 and the current available version of ChibiOS is 16.1.6. Just including this version is not working! It seems a lot of files have different names right now!

How do you think? shall I make effort to use the current version or still use old version of ChibiOS? Is the effort worth it?

How is it in VESC 6? Which version of ChibiOS would be used?

rew

Re: VESC, ChibiOS & IAR

Postby rew » 03 Feb 2017, 15:08

Yes, porting to a newer version of Chibios is a pain in the A**. But Chibios changed the numbering scheme. So 16.1.6 is only a few versions newer than 3.0.2. It is not that we're 12 major upgrades behind. I would not currently invest in upgrading to the latest chibios: Benjamin is working on new code, may already have done it, and the new code might interfere with your changes, so your changes might become difficult to integrate. And, why upgrade? Is something not working you need to have working? Something not supported in the old chibios that IS in the new version and that you want to use?

yosoufe

Re: VESC, ChibiOS & IAR

Postby yosoufe » 06 Feb 2017, 14:18

rew wrote:Yes, porting to a newer version of Chibios is a pain in the A**. But Chibios changed the numbering scheme. So 16.1.6 is only a few versions newer than 3.0.2. It is not that we're 12 major upgrades behind. I would not currently invest in upgrading to the latest chibios: Benjamin is working on new code, may already have done it, and the new code might interfere with your changes, so your changes might become difficult to integrate. And, why upgrade? Is something not working you need to have working? Something not supported in the old chibios that IS in the new version and that you want to use?

Thanks!

Does Anybody have any guide to import VESC code in IAR Workbench??
Or IAR setup to compile VESC!

I have got many errors

Code: Select all

#error "missing STM32_DMA_STREAMS definition in registry"

from the chibiOS side! How should I solve it? no Idea :D

Return to “Custom Applications”