Low/High speed toggle switch

Support for creating custom user applications on the VESC.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
trbt555
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Low/High speed toggle switch

Postby trbt555 » 10 Jan 2016, 16:29

Hello,
I've been running a VESC on my electric skateboard and my kids really would like to ride it.
However, the board is so powerful and fast that its way too dangerous.
I have set the max ERPM low enough for them to ride safely, but it's a pain having to reconfigure the VESC back to my desired speed when I want to ride.
I was thinking of installing a switch that would enable two ERPM limits, one full speed (the ERPM limit in the VESC) and one low speed (for example 40% of max ERPM)

Surely it should be possible to read the status of this switch and set the ERPM limit accordingly in the firmware using a custom piece of code.
I do have some programing experience but none with this sort of application/hardware. But I'm willing to try.
Is there anyone who could point me in te right direction ?

Thanks,
Tom

trbt555

Re: Low/High speed toggle switch

Postby trbt555 » 10 Jan 2016, 17:08

I just stumbled on a post in the feature requests category which covers my question.

Return to “Custom Applications”