Brake at special position? is this possible ?

Support for creating custom user applications on the VESC.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
knmjnm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Brake at special position? is this possible ?

Postby knmjnm » 29 Dec 2017, 09:10

Hi friends. İ want to use vesc for different application. i will use bldc motor and hall effect sensor for this app. But i have to ask, Can i use vesc for special position brake ? For example I will entry constant rotor data position and it will brake on this position data. İs it possible ?
Thank you

pf26

Re: Brake at special position? is this possible ?

Postby pf26 » 29 Dec 2017, 19:19

If you constantly send the same reference position, the motor will always try to move to that position. If you turn the motor axis away from this position, it will give a torque (depending on the maximum motor current you set) so as to return to this position.
I think you better use rotary encoder with large resolution (instead hall sensors) so as to get a smooth motor torque.

Return to “Custom Applications”