Weird issues with debugger

Support for creating custom user applications on the VESC.
maxkinz

Weird issues with debugger

Postby maxkinz » 26 Sep 2017, 09:12

Hey everyone,

I just recently moved my developement away from the discovery board onto the real thing - yay.
So far, so good - somehow I managed to have the USB COM interface to only show up while the debugger is attached ???? - Means I debug using openocd, step into my app, remove all the breakpoints - press resume, plug in USB and everything works - all the while having a lab power supply attached as well. But once I remove the debugger, or even not start the app using the debugger, the "Just connect to lab supply and USB" fails and the COM port does not even show up. I am sure I am missing something trivial here but am lost right now .... anyone know what's goin on ?

Thanks !
Max

arvidb

Re: Weird issues with debugger

Postby arvidb » 27 Sep 2017, 11:17

Does everything else work? Do you have a working 5 V rail (measured over C33)? Do you have a working 3.3 V rail (measured over C25)?

maxkinz

Re: Weird issues with debugger

Postby maxkinz » 28 Sep 2017, 08:09

Hello arvidb,
Yep - everything else seems to be working. Measured the 3.3 V reail to be good - 5V is a little off (5.136V) but I dont think this should be an issue. Just strange ... I'll need to try the software with another VESC to be sure its not a hardware fault.

Return to “Custom Applications”