Dual VESC sync problem

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
Svenska

Dual VESC sync problem

Postby Svenska » 29 Jun 2017, 16:19

Hey guys,

I got a setup with 2 VESC driving independent motors but are powered by the same battery. They are on motorholders that are electrically insulated from the truck by design.
Sadly under load the trucks are sliding outwards towards the wheels. To prevent that I made up an aluminum bracket to go in between the motorholders.
Once I connect it the VESCs completely loose it and can't spin the motors anymore.
Has anybody seen that problem before?

Cheers, Svenska

Svenska

Re: Dual VESC sync problem

Postby Svenska » 27 Aug 2017, 13:37

Anybody? I'm stuck with that problem...

slapshot136

Postby slapshot136 » 27 Aug 2017, 13:40

Can you expand on "The VESCs completely lose it" - do they power on? do they work individually? can you debug them while connected, i.e. control with the tool, verify that they are recieving a signal, etc?

Svenska

Postby Svenska » 28 Aug 2017, 07:18

They power on, I can control them individually, can control with the tool. They do everything they are supposed to do but loose complete track of the rotor position.
I think the BEMF from one gets transferred to the other. But I have seen that precise setup work before. So not sure what I'm missing here.

Return to “Hardware Problems”