STM Flashing Error Vesc 4.12

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Brettl-e
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

STM Flashing Error Vesc 4.12

Postby Brettl-e » 01 May 2017, 08:49

Hey,
the last days I soldered together a new pcb for an electric bobbycar and now I tried to flash on the firmware on linux but an error occured and I dont't really know what it means because I am really not good in programming. I did it like Benjamin wrote on his webpage and I already did it with another pcb where it worked fine. :(

I attached an screenshot of the terminal were I tried twice to upload.
It would be really nice if someone has an idea what the problem could be.

Kind Regards
Brettl-e
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-05-01 01_40_58.png
Screenshot from 2017-05-01 01_40_58.png (217.75 KiB) Viewed 1827 times

Brettl-e

Re: STM Flashing Error Vesc 4.12

Postby Brettl-e » 01 May 2017, 09:36

Sorry guys, It worked now :D :D :D but I don't really know why.
I did it not like this:

mkdir BLDC
cd BLDC
git clone https://github.com/vedderb/bldc.git bldc-firmware
cd bldc-firmware
make upload
cd ..

Because I thought I already have the files I started like this:

cd BLDC
cd bldc-firmware
make upload

Then the error occured.
Now I deleted the folder and did it like the first option, then it worked.

Could someone tell me what I have to do if I don't want to download everything again? :D

Best wishes
Brettl-e

rew

Postby rew » 01 May 2017, 11:14

A "git pull" might have worked instead of starting over.

On the other hand, it looks as if "something" was wrong with your programmer, not the sources or anything like that.
So it might have been "luck" that it suddenly worked after you re-downloaded the sources.

Brettl-e

Postby Brettl-e » 01 May 2017, 11:28

Thanks for your fast reply!
When the next board is assembled I will try it with git pull. :)

Return to “Hardware Problems”