USB port lost

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
rew
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: USB port lost

Postby rew » 01 Apr 2017, 12:50

Nordle
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nordle » 11 Apr 2017, 13:41

Could you please double check this for me:
(link picture below)

arvidb

Postby arvidb » 12 Apr 2017, 09:35

Don't connect the +5V line unless you intend to power your VESC through USB (or intend to use the VESC as a USB host, but I don't think that's even supported by the firmware?).

Also, I cannot determine from that picture which side of the USB connector that is pin 1.

Nordle

Postby Nordle » 12 Apr 2017, 11:36

rew

Postby rew » 13 Apr 2017, 07:40

If it's the same connector, but upside down, then I'd expect the data lines to crossbetween the resistors and the connector. It would be possible for the datalines NOT to cross, when the original PCB has a crossover between the resistors and the connector.

arvidb

Postby arvidb » 13 Apr 2017, 08:25

Nordle

Postby Nordle » 13 Apr 2017, 14:43

Ok gonna try that. Worst case it won't work i assume?

arvidb

Postby arvidb » 13 Apr 2017, 15:01

No, worst case you might let the magic smoke out. Take the time to do it correctly the first time. But I checked/measured on my VESC, and when the USB connector is NOT flipped, GND is to the left when the connector is viewed from its front, and the data lines are not switched.

Return to “Hardware Problems”