(solved)Mosfets are over temp...maybe

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gmdangelo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

(solved)Mosfets are over temp...maybe

Postby gmdangelo » 22 Mar 2017, 06:21

I just bought my first VESC and got it running... for about 25 seconds. After a lot of reading and research I figured out that my mosfets are overheating, according to the BLDC tool. Without even running the motor the mosfets are at over 110deg C. I used a temp gun and check all the fets and they were at about 22deg C. The below image is the temps as I breath on R1 (area). There is no way that my breath can elevate the temp from 112 C to 114C. What I'm guessing is that either the R1 value is wrong or somewhere in the software you can calibrate these temps. I'm mechanical engineer so I can build most anything but know very little about software. Can anyone shed any light on this or seen this?
Attachments
2017-03-21 14_54_55-BLDC Tool.jpg
2017-03-21 14_54_55-BLDC Tool.jpg (166.63 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
Last edited by gmdangelo on 23 Mar 2017, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

gmdangelo

Re: Mosfets are over temp...maybe

Postby gmdangelo » 23 Mar 2017, 16:33

Looks like DIYeletricskateboards shipped bad VESCs. If you are having similar problems check R1 and R2, they should be about 10k. You can ship these bad parts back to them and they will send you new ones.

Return to “Hardware Problems”