Trying to figure out the schematic

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
R9000
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Trying to figure out the schematic

Postby R9000 » 09 Mar 2017, 01:39

Hi, I'm quite the novice here, but I'm trying to figure out the VESC's schematic. One part that really confuses me is the "PWR_FLAG". According to the schematic (page 7), it appears to be connected to both the 60V supply V_SUPPLY and ground, and the end of pin 52 on the MOSFET driver. Now I know we can't short the entire power supply to ground, so what's going on here? Does that flag mean something different? Thanks in advance for your help.

rew

Re: Trying to figure out the schematic

Postby rew » 09 Mar 2017, 08:54

There are two options, I think.

First is that on the topleft those two are very close but not connected.

Second is that "PWR_FLAG" is not the name of a signal, but a flag indicating to the CAD software that the net is a power supply net. That applies to both +5V and V_SUPPLY.
(if the software knows it is a power supply net it can flag power pins of chips as "error" when they are NOT connected to net tagged with "PWR_FLAG")

I think it's this last guess... (they really do look connected at the top).

Return to “Hardware Problems”