Problems getting firmware to run

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
nitromethane

Problems getting firmware to run

Postby nitromethane » 01 Mar 2017, 19:54

Hi, new guy here :)

I'm trying to get my VESC board up and running, but at this moment, I'm having little success. The board in question was assembled by me and I guess (hope) I got that part right, nothing seems to be shorted, no catastrophic failures yet, I'm measuring correct voltages on different power lines and the blue led comes on as it should.

I downloaded the source files and successfully built the bootloader, firmware files and configuration program.
Then after some trouble and messing about I got the firmware and bootloader to load and successfully verify on to the MCU using OpenOCD (The method described on the VESC project page didn't work out for me. Also I'm very much new to the OpenOCD and ARM microcontrollers so I might have done something wrong.)

Now as I understand, upon powering up the board, I should be seeing some blinking LEDs on the board, but I only get a solid blue as with no firmware. This is where I get stuck, so I'm looking for someone that could help me troubleshoot and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance :)
Nitromethane

almogu

Re: Problems getting firmware to run

Postby almogu » 22 Jun 2017, 17:26

I join your question, since I have the vesc in fixed blue light and does nothing. I have the stm32 but I do not find anything to do or firmware to load.

almogu

Postby almogu » 10 Jul 2017, 18:50

Of course I have smt32. In fact, buy the diyskateboard but I do not know what else to do. We need help.

f00860

Postby f00860 » 10 Sep 2017, 14:53

Same problem is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=535

Return to “Hardware Problems”