VESC not connecting to BLDC Tool

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GrantsUsername
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

VESC not connecting to BLDC Tool

Postby GrantsUsername » 23 Nov 2016, 18:01

My VESC isn't connecting to the BLDC Tool anymore. At first, I was able to connect it. Then, after trying it setup my VESC, it won't reconnect. When I plug it in, only the blue LED light is on. And the red LED turns on, then fades away. I read in another post that this means there is something wrong with the firmware and I need to reflash it. This dosen't seem right, because I was able to connect it at first and now I can't.

Setup:
2 Zippy 5000 mah batteries
Standard VESC from Enertion
Flysky FS-GT2B + Receiver
Enertion r-spec 190kv motor
Attachments
rsz_img_20161123_115508.jpg
Blue LED on. Red LED turns on, then fades away.
rsz_img_20161123_115508.jpg (525.91 KiB) Viewed 2249 times

rew

Re: VESC not connecting to BLDC Tool

Postby rew » 24 Nov 2016, 08:15

The red led would come on if the voltage were too low. Then "fade out" to me means that your powersupply is dying.

So: does the board have 5V? (the hall sensor connector may be convenient) Does the board have 3.3V?

GrantsUsername

Re: VESC not connecting to BLDC Tool

Postby GrantsUsername » 25 Nov 2016, 18:40

I fixed it! I played around with the connections and power supply. I still don't know what the problem was. I think it was something to do with the voltage input.

Return to “Hardware Problems”