Warning: Enertionboard VESC

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
robjampar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Warning: Enertionboard VESC

Postby robjampar » 23 Sep 2016, 16:04

My latest Enertionboard VESC also has soldering issues - but a little different from yours,
IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg (534.14 KiB) Viewed 7363 times

The power in is directly connected to/touching the ground.

so it seems it might be not true that these are being load tested before shipping!

Unfortunately, in my case I didn't spot the short, and just plugging the battery in - luckily I had a BMS with a fuse installed - which instantly blew, otherwise this would have just shorted the battery and could have been nasty.

I've contacted Enertion on the live chat today but not had a response yet, will email if I don't hear anything. I can't tell if the VESC has been damaged and I don't really want to mess around with it!

robjampar

Postby robjampar » 23 Sep 2016, 23:09

arvidb

Postby arvidb » 24 Sep 2016, 15:14

Wow, that really looks horrible! How can they ship these to customers?

"Load tested before shipping" - yeah, right! A blatant lie, by the looks of it.

If Enertion Boards are based in Australia (unclear since I cannot find any contact or business info on their site - a strong warning sign for any online dealer, IMO) they are breaking Australian consumer law in several different ways:

must give you automatic guarantees with the right to ask for a repair, replacement, refund, cancellation or compensation as appropriate if there is a problem. (My comment: There is nothing in the text that allows Enertion boards to "limit" the guarantee, i.e. that it is only valid if you used their batteries, motors etc and use a fuse.)

, that is: safe, lasting, with no faults. /.../ The remedies you can seek from the retailer who sold you the product include a repair, replacement, or refund and in some cases compensation for damages and loss.

: If you have a minor problem with a product or service, the business can choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. When you have a major problem with a product, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund. /.../ You are entitled to return a product if you believe that there is a problem. /.../ You are entitled to recover reasonable postage or transportation costs from the business if the product is confirmed to have a problem, so keep your receipts.

You can if these laws are not followed.

Edit: Since the company details are missing on the Enertion boards homepage, I did some digging. Maybe helps to get into contact with them, or to file a complaint, if necessary.
Last edited by arvidb on 25 Sep 2016, 13:06, edited 5 times in total.

rew

Postby rew » 25 Sep 2016, 09:38

vesc_soldering.jpg
vesc_soldering.jpg (48.1 KiB) Viewed 7319 times

The "solder paste has not fully reflowed" is visible at a lot of places! this is just an example with a "good reflow" nearby.

lizardmech

Postby lizardmech » 05 Oct 2016, 15:43

Did they replace it for you yet?

attr_writer

Postby attr_writer » 11 Oct 2016, 20:37

Thanks for the heads-up @xlv. Do you know if this is from one of their older (China) or newer (Texas, USA) batches?

robjampar

Postby robjampar » 13 Oct 2016, 07:01

They have offered to look at it and repair if I ship it back to Australia, but they couldnt confirm that I won't get charged taxes again.

I've asked; if I try repair it but it's still faulty/been damaged - will they still replace it? but had no answer.

The final option was if I pay ~£50 they'll send me another "no questions asked" - again unsure on taxes.

Not great to be honest.

lizardmech

Postby lizardmech » 13 Oct 2016, 09:53

david

Postby david » 13 Oct 2016, 16:20

If it was delivered through European Warehouse (which means there is an distributor in EU) the products must comply with the legal EU warranty of 2 years.
VESCs made in Germany

robjampar

Postby robjampar » 22 Oct 2016, 12:07

Mine was delivered directly from either USA or Australia (although i was told via support that it would be shipped from Belgium)
Paid with debit card, I'm just not going to deal with Enertion again.

Return to “Hardware Problems”