serious disturbance in the signal

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
yanv
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

serious disturbance in the signal

Postby yanv » 28 Dec 2015, 08:54

Greetings
I purchased 4 Vesc from Enertion boards.
November edition.
After learning a little , I was able to update the Firmware.
To HW 410 HW411 default.
I'm using Arduino and bluetooth, to control VESC.
In Arduino I use 4 digital outputs, one for each controller.
On PC, I see the signal received by Arduino, clean and fast.
Another computer, I see the signal received by VESC.
When connected only one VESC , no problem all looks good.
When I connect more than one, it seems that there is a serious disturbance in the signal.
One affects the other, I see it in BLDS TOOL, ppm display.
The signals in Arduino look fine.
What do you think could be the problem?
Thank you
yanv
--

david

Re: serious disturbance in the signal

Postby david » 28 Dec 2015, 15:54

Just for understanding: Are you using CAN-bus? Why not passing the signal through CAN instead of connecting each one?
VESCs made in Germany

yanv

Postby yanv » 28 Dec 2015, 16:52

because I plan to manipulate the main control .I would like to control each motor individually.
For example, using a gyroscope, a steering mode.
Experiment I did after I wrote this post, it seems that the situation is worse.
Even with one motor disorders have Occur.
I hope I did everything right when it comes to updating VESC.
The best situation is when I use the option, cerrent no revers with brake.
Any other condition it does not allow control of the engine, he just does what he wants.
What I noticed is that if the motor is not rotating, the PPM signal is very stable, with the engine starts to turn around, only then begin disorders,
To be sure that I do not have Other parts hardware problem , I put the old ESC, and it worked fine.

Does anyone have ideas why this happens?
Thank you

david

Postby david » 28 Dec 2015, 17:17

Ok, that sounds interesting! To help you, we might need some more information on the used setup, like motor types, battery, are you using FOC or BLDC, is motor detection working properly, etc.?
VESCs made in Germany

yanv

Postby yanv » 28 Dec 2015, 18:21

Thank you
4 Engines: NTM Prop Drive 50-60 270KV / 2400W
Two batteries: Turnigy nano-tech 8000mAh 6S 25 ~ 50C Lipo Pack
motor detection works well, the result is about INTEGRATOR LIMOT 77, BEMF COUPLING between 500 and 780 each engine produces a BEMF COUPLING different .
BLDC
When starting the engine by arrows on the PC keyboard it works great.....

david

Postby david » 28 Dec 2015, 19:00

You might need to setup each VESC individually on the app tab, and after "write config" always klick on "reboot" too, else it's not correctly taking the values. I assume you're running those 6s packs in parallel? Or are you using them in series like 12s? Background is that 12s and 270kV motors could lead to difficulties with the max. ERPM.

But beside that (and without knowing your Bluetooth implementation) it's difficult to give some hints. Which interface are you using on the VESCs to control them? Nevertheless, if it works on one VESC it should also be working on the others. So trying the setup seperately on all VESCs/motors and making sure everything works before connecting them all together to the receiver should actually indicate where the problem is. Just a thought.
VESCs made in Germany

yanv

Postby yanv » 28 Dec 2015, 19:38

David
First I want to thank you for your help.
I use batteries in parallel.
And I use Arduino to control in VESC,
As I mentioned problem arises, even if one VESC connected, no matter which one.
I will try to replace the controller that manages them, and take off the bluetooth, and will pass control manually and check again, I will pass on your tips about correct programming of the controller.
And update ...
You think that the version of the controller, suitable for FIMWARE. As I mentioned in the first post?
Thanks again

yanv

Postby yanv » 29 Dec 2015, 08:40

Greetings
problem solved
Thanks for the reply, I tried yesterday a lot of attempts, and eventually discovered, in the main controller interrupt were open, they were previously rpm sensors, and they floated, it boggled the system.
Now it works well, and I'm quite pleased.

I have another issue that I would like to share
When I checked the system, when it works properly, there is an interesting problem in Startup
Sometimes start working very smoothly, feeling like there's lots and lots of torque , and sometimes there is severe vibration and hesitations, then Startup.
I do not want a strong acceleration, but I want enough torque to start smoothly, do you have any suggestions?
Because the system sometimes makes it good, there is a problem of consistency, is there any ideas how to arrange the consistency?
Thanks again for your help
Benjamin I thank you for your wonderful product,
And to David for the help

Return to “Hardware Problems”