start up failure and negative values

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dreams
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

start up failure and negative values

Postby dreams » 24 Feb 2016, 20:20

Hello,

I got some weird issues on my 4.11 VESC (tested on FW 2.10 and 2.15) and would appreciate any help/ suggestions.
The motor detection always fails, motor stutters quite wild and then I am getting an undervoltage error.
I am also not able to spin it up via current control. However, if I set the erpm to 1000 and increase this value in steps of 1000 the motor sometimes spins up and accelerates properly, I can also switch to current control when it has an certain speed.
Furthermore in the real time data terminal the "charged cap" value gets incremented, not the drawn cap. Also around -100W is the shown power in no load condition. When setting an brake current the motor has very smooth resistance.
Lab supply works fine with another Vesc I purchased, so it should provide enough current (setting is 16.5V and 5.1A), motor is also fine.
Where do the negative values come from ? Any suggestions on how to fix the undervoltage error ?

Thanks!

benjamin
Site Admin

Re: start up failure and negative values

Postby benjamin » 29 Feb 2016, 09:47

Looks like there are some problems with the current measurement. Are you using the correct firmware?

dreams

Re: start up failure and negative values

Postby dreams » 03 Mar 2016, 14:59

Using FW 2.15, the problem I described appears on all 3 Vescs I soldered.
The purchased one works fine.
It is a mystery haha :mrgreen:

EDIT:
The voltage drops on the display of my lab supply at motor startup.
Below is the current plot at startup (current control : 3A).
Phase 2 current is quite low.

Return to “Hardware Problems”