VESC V4.11 BOM faults

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hexakopter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

VESC V4.11 BOM faults

Postby hexakopter » 19 Feb 2016, 23:06

Hey guys,

I have checked the BOM of VESC V4.11 recently, by marking all parts that are in the BOM on screenshots taken inside KiCad. I did this, because my PCBs aren't here yet and I want to check if I haven't missed ordering some electronic parts that aren't mentioned in the BOM.
All parts that are marked green in the picture was found in the BOM and the red R6 is marked in the BOM to not mount. The other "not mounting" parts mentioned in the BOM are just the power input pads and things like that.

But I also have found some little mistakes in the BOM.
1. P3 is mentioned two times in the BOM, but the P3 JST PH 2.0mm is not a 6pin, so it is just correct in the 7pin line
2. In Line 23 there are listed the Capacitors C4-C7 (C4, C5, C6 and C7 are all found in the pictures), but the quantity is not 6, like mentioned in the BOM, but it is just 4.
3. There is now R15 in the Schematic or in the Layout (but it is in the BOM)

I think the first two ones are just little mistakes, but the third one is strange. Maybe R15 was used in an older layout and is removed in V4.11.
Maybe Benjamin can comment on this one.
Attachments
front.png
front.png (416.4 KiB) Viewed 3632 times
back.png
back.png (405.02 KiB) Viewed 3632 times

alexmarin99

Re: VESC V4.11 BOM faults

Postby alexmarin99 » 20 Feb 2016, 00:09

Yes, you are correct.
The first two are little mistakes.
Also R15 should have been removed from the BOM.

benjamin
Site Admin

Postby benjamin » 22 Feb 2016, 11:03

Thanks for letting me know, I just fixed the BOM.

erwincoumans

Postby erwincoumans » 05 Mar 2016, 22:17

Yes, we ran into the same issue, couldn't locate R15 for VESC 4.12. Works well without ;)

Return to “Hardware Problems”