DIY HW 6.4 - Voltage is not being correctly reported in VESC Tool

Report your hardware problems here. Include as many details as possible with pictures to get the best possible help and feedback.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
diyGuy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DIY HW 6.4 - Voltage is not being correctly reported in VESC Tool

Postby diyGuy » 05 Aug 2018, 14:38

I have just finished putting together a HW 6.4 version PCB which I have successfully flashed with a bootloader and firmware and connected to the VESC Tool and I have also confirmed PPM is working correctly. The LEDs are also working as expected.

The VESC Tool is reporting a voltage of 30v (approx) but the supply I am using is a 4S lipo so the real voltage is about half of that. I also tried a 12V bench supply and it is reporting a similar voltage.

I also tried motor detection (unsensored) with the default setting using a 190 kVB 6374 motor but the motor does not spin, which I am assuming is likely related to the voltage issue?

I would be very grateful if anyone could suggest what I need to look at to start de-bugging my PCB.

Return to “Hardware Problems”