VESC6 firmware upgrade.

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
rew

VESC6 firmware upgrade.

Postby rew » 07 Jun 2017, 16:55

Hi,
My beta came in. Using the old bldc_tool reported of course that it was incompatible. So I quit that.

Then I started vesc_tool (that I got from Benjamin a few months ago) and it told me that my firmware was too new.

So I got the latest VESC_TOOL, and then it said my firmware was too old. So then I go to the firmware tab and I see "hardware version" 60" and VESC_default.bin as a firmware. Then clicking on the download button starts the upload of the firmware to the module. The progress bar does its thing and... Done. At that point the connection with the VESC is broken.

The VESC does not re-enumerate on the USB. Resetting the VESC by powercylcing it results in a VESC that still says its firmware is too old. What am I doing wrong?

hexakopter

Re: VESC6 firmware upgrade.

Postby hexakopter » 07 Jun 2017, 17:07

Please have a look at vesc-project.com.
There is something wrong with the boot loader. Benjamin trys to fix that.

Because you know what you are doing you could also flash with your STLINK V2 or ST development board that you have laying around.

rew

Postby rew » 07 Jun 2017, 18:09

I've never flashed a boot loader. :-( Funny me. :-)

And I'll have to make a special 2mm pitch JST connector converter. That'll wait till tomorrow. Then there might be other options. Other stuff to do.

lizardmech

Postby lizardmech » 08 Jun 2017, 03:41

I haven't been able to flash via firmware on any of the recent stm32f4 I have. I'm unsure if it's the MCUs or my ST link on the discovery boards, the only way I can get firmware on is manually flashing with the ST link program in windows.

Return to “General”