VESC Servo Control

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
golovanev_aa

Re: VESC Servo Control

Postby golovanev_aa » 13 May 2017, 13:00

Hi, everybody. I have a question - the output is intended for control of analog or digital servo? The problem is that loading of the firmware enclosed in the message is higher, changeover of resistance of r5 by 100 ohms, didn't yield result - my analog servo doesn't react to commands.

rew

Postby rew » 13 May 2017, 18:58

hobby servos are driven by a nominally 50Hz PWM signal, with 1-2 milliseconds of "high time".

Some servos are analog. They have analog circuitry that compares the desired position with the PWM signal and then rotates the motor in the right direction.

There are also servos that do that digitally. You can finetune the PID loops easier that way. Those are called "digital".

But the interface is exactly the same.

If you put your voltmeter on the pin, you should measure between 0.166 and 0.33V when you drive the signal one or the other way. (don't connect the servo for this experiment).

golovanev_aa

Postby golovanev_aa » 14 May 2017, 08:27

probably I do that that not so :( tension at the exit doesn't change-3,2 V. I correctly understand that for management of servo through bldc_tool it is necessary to come on the Experiment screen and there to move to the left or to the right "Servo output", at the same time tension has to change as you have written on value from 0,166 др 0,33 v?

slapshot136

Postby slapshot136 » 03 Aug 2017, 19:43

I seem to be struggling to get a servo output working, I have followed http://vedder.se/2015/08/vesc-writing-c ... lications/ but can't seem to call any of the functions from servo.h, even after I included servo.h the same way I included mc_interface.h, which works - do I need to do something differently?

Return to “General”