Brushed DC motor connections

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rudic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Brushed DC motor connections

Postby rudic » 12 Apr 2017, 16:35

I want control a brushed dc motor with VESC

but i have trouble with connections

other ESC uses 2 of the 3 wires :2 to the motor and the last unused

Can i do the same?

beak90

Re: Brushed DC motor connections

Postby beak90 » 12 Apr 2017, 19:43

Using a DC motor with the VESC is very simple. You leave the middle wire on the VESC unconnected, and just use the two outside wires. And of course select DC motor in the bldc-tool. You won't get rpm control without an encoder, but you should be able to do current control.

rudic

Re: Brushed DC motor connections

Postby rudic » 18 Apr 2017, 14:41

thanks

it works very well

Return to “General”