VESC 6 Beta

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
benjamin
Site Admin

VESC 6 Beta

Postby benjamin » 14 Feb 2017, 14:27

As I mentioned at the end of the post here http://vedder.se/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=149&start=280#p3544, I'm about to order a beta batch of the VESC 6 together with trampaboards. There are also a bit more details in the mentioned post about what is going on with the project.

The price for one beta VESC is around GBP 175. Send me an email if you are interested and I will put you on a list. In around a week we will send you a link and code to the trampasite where you can finish the purchase and enter your shipping details, and then it will take a week or two to manufacture them. So in about a month you should have the beta VESC if everything goes according to plan. What you will get is

* A ready-assembled VESC6 in an aluminium case with cover and cables.

* VESC-Tool with the latest firmware and features.

* For now the VESCs will be shipped without a rubber seal for the cables and cover since the mold for it takes more time, but once it is ready we will ship it to you.

Here is a video where I show what it looks like roughly:

The beta VESC also has an NRF and antenna, and we are trying to make a kit for the nunchuk as well that you can assemble yourself soon.

Since this is a small run the production price will be higher than for the final version and we are selling it for a lower price, so you will not get warranty and it will not be as polished as the final version.

Please send me an email or pm as fast as you can with your name and how many beta VESCs you would like, and I will get back to you within a week or so.

Update
The beta application period has now ended since a lot of people have applied already. We will send everyone who is on the list an email soon with details about how to place the order. Hopefully the order will go out for production next week already.

Pimousse

Re: VESC 6 Beta

Postby Pimousse » 16 Feb 2017, 05:25

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for these details.
As I said in PM, I very interested in this beta batch.

May you give us your mail to reply to ?

bavod

Postby bavod » 16 Feb 2017, 07:14

have a look at the contact page at vedder.se

benjamin
Site Admin

Postby benjamin » 16 Feb 2017, 09:39

I intentionally left the email out so that only people who are more familiar with the project (or have patience to look things up) will participate :-) Even so, the list is already more than full, so I'm closing the beta now.

Pimousse wrote:Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for these details.
As I said in PM, I very interested in this beta batch.

May you give us your mail to reply to ?

I have already added you.

Pimousse

Postby Pimousse » 16 Feb 2017, 11:04

I thought you created a sort of special email for managing the beta testing. ;)

Glad to be on the list. Tack sa mycket ! ;)

Pimousse

Postby Pimousse » 21 Feb 2017, 08:44

Hi Benjamin,

That makes sense you want to keep all the details of the VESC until it's released.
However, would you consider to give just the dimensions of the CNCd alu case (and mounting holes if any) ?

That would help a lot to prepare the integration in our builds and test it once received ! ;)

Thank you. ;)

s28500

Postby s28500 » 27 Feb 2017, 04:54

Can't wait to start playing with mine! :D :D :D Cheers!

ichwillnix

Postby ichwillnix » 14 Mar 2017, 20:12

Hi Benjamin,

great piece of work!!!
Is the new GUI config tool already available for download? Could you share the sources or the executable version already?

dav3103

Postby dav3103 » 21 Mar 2017, 00:53

Is there a way to get the software as a beta? I have a 4.12 and the software would make the setup easier.

rew

Postby rew » 13 Apr 2017, 07:31

Hi Benjamin,

How are the beta boards coming along? It's been almost a month since when you estimated they would be ready....

Return to “General”