problems changing motor direction

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nevvton
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

problems changing motor direction

Postby nevvton » 13 Oct 2016, 20:14

I'm working on an application that does frequent motor direction changes. I'm using a little Turnigy 3536 outrunner. I've got latest public versions of VESC board, tool and firmware.

I'm controlling with PWM and am getting nice speed control and startup, especially in duty cycle mode.

The problem is that when I cross the center point on the control input, the motor often does not change direction gracefully. Sometimes it's ok, but often It will stutter and stop and seem to lose track of it's motion.

I will also note that during some early experimentation with the VESC, some smoke issued from this motor. As far as I can tell it still runs OK but let me know if that could be relevant.

Can anyone offer any hints?

Here's my current configuration:
Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.50.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.50.56 PM.png (95.07 KiB) Viewed 739 times

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.51.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.51.15 PM.png (48.03 KiB) Viewed 739 times

thanks!

Return to “General”