VESC - Getting started : Firmware, BLDC, FOC

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
okp

VESC - Getting started : Firmware, BLDC, FOC

Postby okp » 04 Jan 2016, 21:15

Hey Benjamin,

I did this to help the community

Hope it helps
Last edited by okp on 05 Jan 2016, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.

arvidb
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: VESC - Getting started : Firmware, BLDC, FOC

Postby arvidb » 05 Jan 2016, 00:21

Hi okp,

I get "This video has been removed by the user." when I try to watch it.

:?:

okp

Postby okp » 05 Jan 2016, 06:33

hey, fixed!

benjamin
Site Admin

Postby benjamin » 05 Jan 2016, 11:45

Thanks for the video!

A few comments:
* When doing configuration for the first time, it is a good idea to use a power supply with current limit in case something goes wrong. A lower voltage battery as you used is also much better than using the full voltage.

* The maximum input voltage should be set with margin above the battery voltage, otherwise you will get overvoltage faults while braking. In most cases you can just leave it at the default value, but if you run on 12s you need to increase it to 57v or so. The reason the limit is there is for when experimenting with a power supply that won't take the regenerative current and can't take too much voltage. I have killed a bunch of ESCs and lab power supplies before I had that limit.

* You don't need to change bldc settings before doing FOC detection.

* I have added an apply button under the BLDC detection result as well :-)

okp

Postby okp » 05 Jan 2016, 11:46

thanks! I will update the video;

is measuring lambda a requirement before measure L & R ?

benjamin
Site Admin

Postby benjamin » 08 Jan 2016, 09:30

Marcel

Postby Marcel » 25 Jan 2016, 13:41

I was wondering if the awful noise the motor does when you try do detect the R & L parameters was "normal". This video gave me the answer :D
Though, I can't actually spin the motor in "delay mode" with the keyboard (or with the right pannel). It tries to but it struggles and never really works.
Here's the motor I'm using : http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-vend ... 203&p=7203

I'm using almost the same parameters as the ones you provided in the Turnigy configuration (its specs and my motor specs are pretty close) but still I cannot use FOC nicely on it... When I try to use it, sometimes it works after it struggled or I need to make it turn a bit with my hand before it starts.
I can actually never get the right L parameter (I'm using the R parameter found in the motor datasheet) as it doesn't spin before making the "strange awful noise".

Any advice please ? I don't know if I should start another thread topic. If so, tell me and I'll make one.

Thanks in advance !

Return to “General”