Which IDE for programming VESC and uploading code?

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
yes_we_can_gogreen

Re: Which IDE for programming VESC and uploading code?

Postby yes_we_can_gogreen » 30 Sep 2016, 14:18

On Ubuntu, I just install "arm-none-eabi" packages from the Ubuntu repos and them I can build the code and even debug with GDB.

csomerv

Postby csomerv » 02 Feb 2017, 23:51

Ive downloaded the full chibistudio suite and changed the java t o32 bit and ..it all works a treat, I can make easily. Next to do a custom app to try get the VESC to control a pump

yosoufe

Postby yosoufe » 03 Feb 2017, 12:56

Has anybody tried VESC with IAR Workbench?

TimB

Postby TimB » 22 May 2017, 08:46

Hi,

I followed Prevas_erra's procedure through ChibiStudio suite, changed the java to 32bits as well...

I managed to build an .hex or .bin file in order to flash it aftewards on the stm32 chip of the VESC with a ST-Link v2 device.

However my problem is that the BLDC tool recognize the VESC only if the ST-LINK/V2 is also plug to my computer (the red light blinks three time in this situation when I power the VESC). If I unplug it the VESC is not detected by the BLDC tool anymore (the red light does not blink three time in this situation when I power the VESC).

I was wondering what procedure Prevas_erra and csomerv you both followed after building the .hex file with the IDE ?

Or does someone else have an answer to this issue ?

Thanks a lot !

parasole

Postby parasole » 22 May 2017, 20:00

Did you try to follow building instruction from Benjamin blog?
http://vedder.se/2015/01/vesc-open-source-esc/

I used his procedure on ubuntu instalation (running in Virtual Box under win7), building by using make went without any issues, the only point was to correct toolchain path (arm-none-eabi) in make file... Then you need to build two files, first bldc firmware and second bootloader loaded one after another, in my understanding only after this the controller become a standalone unit ready to be configured...

Return to “General”