Error: read version failed when trying to use OpenOCD 0.7.0 with STM32F407 Discovery Board As Programmer

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vaziri
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Error: read version failed when trying to use OpenOCD 0.7.0 with STM32F407 Discovery Board As Programmer

Postby vaziri » 24 Aug 2016, 07:33

lizardmech

Re: Error: read version failed when trying to use OpenOCD 0.7.0 with STM32F407 Discovery Board As Programmer

Postby lizardmech » 24 Aug 2016, 11:56

I have the same problem, I think it's related to a newer MCU revision. It's possible to flash the firmware using ST software but VESC cannot function as it can't read or write flash memory. I found something similar happened in the past and it was a register that determines if flash is write protected had changed breaking openOCD. I don't know how to fix it, I don't have enough programming knowledge. Let me see if this fixes it.

lizardmech

Re: Error: read version failed when trying to use OpenOCD 0.7.0 with STM32F407 Discovery Board As Programmer

Postby lizardmech » 24 Aug 2016, 12:17

lyphix

Postby lyphix » 10 Sep 2016, 03:24

zhud

Postby zhud » 19 Nov 2017, 21:25

Did anyone every figure out the answer to this? I am having the same problem and it doesn't seem like there is a solution available

rew

Postby rew » 20 Nov 2017, 09:15

The discovery board is a reliable programmer. First try flashing the BLDC firmware into the CPU on the discovery board, then try removing the jumpers and making theconnection to the VESC. So this way you know for sure if it is software you're having trouble with or hardware.

Return to “General”