Detecting BLDC paramters

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kkolehma
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Detecting BLDC paramters

Postby kkolehma » 26 Dec 2015, 15:50

I have problem getting the parameters detected for my custom motor. The motor has 12 fingers and 10 magnet pairs winded as dLRK and connected as star (if that matters).

I am getting this error:
Fault : FAULT_CODE_ABS_OVER_CURRENT
Current : 47.8
Current filtered : 60.8
Voltage : 32.13
Duty : 0.36
RPM : 359.2
Tacho : 608
Cycles running : 37008
TIM duty : 3712
TIM val samp : 1813
TIM current samp : 6918
TIM top : 10210
Comm step : 6
Temperature : 28.24

If I increase current limits, the motor will have a big kick at the end of detection cycle and VESC turns off.

If I try to use following command: param_detect 2.0 450 0.12 (same parameter as with GUI) it makes a short spin and detection fails again. No fault is recorded however...

I am at loss of what I should try next. Any pointers would be appreciated

kkolehma

Re: Detecting BLDC paramters

Postby kkolehma » 28 Dec 2015, 14:30

Well I should have checked the connections first. One of the phases was crossed with another motor on same assembly. No wonder the motor doesn't run smoothly with just two phases.

Return to “General”