Upload Error: TRST/SRST error / Invalid command argument

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ifree
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Upload Error: TRST/SRST error / Invalid command argument

Postby ifree » 03 May 2016, 15:18

Hi everyone,

I just finished soldering up my first vesc (hw 4.12) and I am now in the process of trying to program it. When I run the make upload command however it says that the programming failed and I get the following output:

err.JPG
err.JPG (72.61 KiB) Viewed 3690 times

I am programming it using a virtual install of ubuntu 14.4.4, and I am using an stlink v2 usb dongle to program it.

I am stuck and I have no idea why I am getting this error or how to get around it. any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Ian

malik

Re: Upload Error: TRST/SRST error / Invalid command argument

Postby malik » 04 May 2016, 16:48

It could be because you have changed the Makefile.
uncomment the line 273 and comment line 274 with a #.

david

Postby david » 19 May 2016, 06:43

VESCs made in Germany

jaroslavnovotny

Postby jaroslavnovotny » 22 May 2016, 18:36

I encountered this problem from firmware 2.18, till 2.17 everything was fine.

The Makefile was changed by a git pull and was configured for the discovery board. Uncommenting line 273 and commenting line 274 helped and set it for STlink V2 programming. Thanks.

malik

Postby malik » 24 May 2016, 12:38

@jaroslavnovotny and @david,
happy i could help.
cheers

promikhail

Postby promikhail » 29 Jan 2017, 04:40

Return to “General”