How should the VESC "feel" on a board?

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
hexakopter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How should the VESC "feel" on a board?

Postby hexakopter » 10 May 2017, 19:39

benjamin
Site Admin

Postby benjamin » 10 May 2017, 20:26

There is actually a firmware included with limits disabled that is shown when the "show non-default firmwares" box is checked. The measurement limit is still 160A though and the FETs and traces can get problems handling too high currents, so there is a risk of damage when going beyond 120A. Also, the IRF7749 has slightly lower amp rating than the FETs on the VESC4 (140A at 100 degC), so I would not go higher than 140A.

When I have sent the test bench to trampa (it is more or less finished) I will spend my time trying to finish the vesc project website and prepare for the release, so the official release should not be far from now.

devin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby devin » 10 May 2017, 21:48

Hummie

Postby Hummie » 11 May 2017, 00:57

with .13 motor winding resistance and max speed still being likely only 80% of the no-load speed I don't think you'd have a problem getting 10 amps as the back voltage and front only need a 1.5 voltage difference to get it. Maybe it's not as simple as ohms law though.

Sadly the new 6 is then less able to put out low speed torque then it seems. I think hub motors are hugely more effected by this, or at least hub motors w high kv and top speed. Pulley setups have no problem flooring you from standstill but hubs not so much

JTAG

Postby JTAG » 11 May 2017, 02:35

Both of you are to ignorant for this forum, please consider going back to Jasons **ertion club :geek: . STOP WASTING OUR TIME.

rew

Postby rew » 11 May 2017, 06:34

arvidb

Postby arvidb » 11 May 2017, 09:19

devin

Postby devin » 11 May 2017, 11:25

markorman

Postby markorman » 11 May 2017, 13:54

Hummie

Postby Hummie » 11 May 2017, 14:31

Nope it's me solo. if my nubiiness is too much for you block me but the original poster asked a question which is valuable to me and Devin and anyone who wants low speed torque and it didn't seem fully answered. The startup boost is said to jump the early duty cycle and be too abrupt, far from smooth, and the motor amp limit and what's possible with it seems hugely important. So many people have asked this same question.
Last edited by Hummie on 11 May 2017, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”