Motor Direction - Quick question

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
marksmoura
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Motor Direction - Quick question

Postby marksmoura » 22 Mar 2018, 20:27

Hello guys, I own a E-skateboard and I have 2 Vesc 4.12 controlling 2 motors.

I have the following question. Now I have the configuration to throttle and brake and the main problem with this configuration is that I cannot drive backwards.

Now I have a switch on my controller used to turn lights on and off remotely. Is there a way where I can use this signal and connect it to both VESC in order to change direction of movement ? I would like to know if there is someway of changing the programming so I could use an input pin on the Vesc and when I activate the input HIGH the movement would be changed until I set it LOW again.

Is this possible ? Now I can connect to the vesc using USB but I never compiled the firmware, I am afraid of compiling the wrong version or setting up the wrong variables in the config file and brick it.

Thank you guys.

Return to “General”