bigger magnets higher kv?

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hummie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

bigger magnets higher kv?

Postby Hummie » 12 Mar 2018, 04:53

i'll spin up as fast as I can on 15.5 volts in the realtime data and get:

9mm magnets: 7750 erpm divided by 7poles and 15.5v and get..71kv and about 85% magnet coverage

10mm magnets: 8200 erpm divided by 7 poles and 15.5 and get 82kv which has about 96% magnet coverage.

I thought for sure I'd be getting a lower kv with just this switch to bigger magnets. whats going on here?

rew

Re: bigger magnets higher kv?

Postby rew » 14 Mar 2018, 07:25

The motor has more torque-per-amp. So if the max RPM is limited by amps and the motor has significant drag at those speeds....

Return to “General”