Current control gain

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
joe90
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Current control gain

Postby joe90 » 29 Mar 2016, 14:23

Hi,

I have 2 motors connected together with a timming belt.
When I accelerate and cruising there is a slight oscillation that I hear and feel
Is it possible that the motors fight each other a bit ?

If yes, can I try to tune current with this option :
Motor config/advanced/current control/control gain

I use split ppm signal, CAN bus is certainly better I guess.

Regards
Belt Reduction.jpg
Setup
Belt Reduction.jpg (423.68 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
Michel Cote
Twin v4.7 + SK3 6374 149KV
Bicycle
2500W peak/unit on 12S

rew

Re: Current control gain

Postby rew » 30 Mar 2016, 12:25

You have them on the same VESC?

In theory you're quite lucky it works at all. It is unlikely that the motors are in the same "phase", So if one motor needs "phase 1: A+B-" the other one might be in "Phase 3: C+A-". The timing belt enforces then that both motors stay the same number of phases apart. If it works, there still might be a small difference in timing between the motors, so they would be fighting eachother.

Also, my motor is not symmetric. I can see a difference that occurs each full revolution. If you've aligned your motors perfectly, then they will not be the same across the whole revolution (if they are as badly made as mine).

joe90

Postby joe90 » 30 Mar 2016, 12:31

No 2 VESC 2 motors
Woulds ask for trouble timing those :-)

I reduced current control gain yesterday and it did improve smoothness but it did nip the sharp edge throttle had.
More tuning and findings to come.
Michel Cote
Bicycle
2500W peak/unit on 12S

rew

Postby rew » 31 Mar 2016, 08:33

And both in current control mode?

joe90

Postby joe90 » 01 Apr 2016, 12:31

Yes
Michel Cote
Bicycle
2500W peak/unit on 12S

Return to “General”