Current issues DRV8302 fault

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
yhao1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Current issues DRV8302 fault

Postby yhao1 » 24 Jan 2018, 01:15

Hello,

I recently have a very big issue about current. I self made a vesc and test it on the vesc-tool. I used the firmware 3.29, hardware 4.12. The testing software is vesc-tool version 0.82 not bldc-tool. I just connected the motor and press the real time data button.

When I pressed the bldc detect parameter button, the first thing I saw is the red led flashes again and again. Then the motor made a cute jig sound and moves very little little step and then stopped. Then the DRV8302 gives a FAULT_CODE_DRV on the vesc tool。

The motor did not even run at all. Here is the plot I got:

11111.JPG
11111.JPG (556.51 KiB) Viewed 1372 times

Can you give me some suggestions and help me figure out the issues?

Thank you very much

Michael

ThierryGTLTS

Re: Current issues DRV8302 fault

Postby ThierryGTLTS » 24 Jan 2018, 08:35

Have a look here and use the help :?: in VESC Tool that give good advices.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

arvidb

Re: Current issues DRV8302 fault

Postby arvidb » 24 Jan 2018, 16:03

Are you sure, really sure, that you have the right firmware?

T FET -22 °C looks strange to me, and so does the current and duty cycles, alternating periodically between -1.5 A and +1.5 A while the input current stays exactly at zero.

I'm not sure, but this does not look right to me.

Return to “General”