"Peak Efficiency" Control Mode?

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
rew
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: "Peak Efficiency" Control Mode?

Postby rew » 02 Sep 2017, 06:19

You have selected a motor with a peak efficiency of about 30%. That is not realistic. I provided links to a realistic motor with mostly the same specs as yours. You ignore me. I asked for a reference to where you found the motor with the specs you quoted. You ignore me. I told you where your specs are wrong. You ignore me.

What do you expect happens now?

devin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby devin » 02 Sep 2017, 11:32

devin

Postby devin » 02 Sep 2017, 12:19

Last edited by devin on 02 Sep 2017, 13:35, edited 2 times in total.

ThierryGTLTS

Postby ThierryGTLTS » 02 Sep 2017, 12:28

rew

Postby rew » 03 Sep 2017, 09:12

devin

Postby devin » 03 Sep 2017, 15:57

rew

Postby rew » 03 Sep 2017, 18:32

devin

Postby devin » 03 Sep 2017, 18:43

The cold logic of the algorithm is "whenever I am pushing full throttle, my motor is at peak electrical to mechanical conversion efficiency, whatever amount of power that happens to be at the time*"

*except at very low rpms-- full throttle equates to a rider-specified minimum wattage-- otherwise the formula will produce insufficient electrical and mechanical wattage to propel a human rider. (less than full throttle, throttle % equates to % max available motor amps as defined by the algorithm)

@ full throttle:
if according to the algorithm at full throttle G < E, then full throttle = E or max duty cycle, whichever is lower wattage, & %throttle = %max motor amps as defined by E or max duty cycle, whichever supersedes based on lower wattage. (E supersedes & is lower wattage when rpms are below the useable max efficiency power threshold,and max duty cycle supersedes & is lower wattage when Back EMF at high rpms prevents obtaining E).

if according to the algorithm G > F, then full throttle = F & %throttle = %max motor amps as defined by F

B = (D)(AC)

where:

A= present effective voltage
B= present rpm
C= motor kv or rpm per volt
D= 85/100
E= minimum full throttle wattage [or torque or motor amps] setting
F= maximum wattage [or torque or motor amps] setting
G= present wattage [or torque or motor amps]

^by variably changing D the (85/100) ratio, the rider could change the power curve, for example changing this ratio to (90/100) would give lower acceleration, or changing the ratio to (80/100) would give greater acceleration.
Last edited by devin on 06 Sep 2017, 01:24, edited 11 times in total.

rew

Postby rew » 04 Sep 2017, 01:30

So if you can manually figure out the max efficiency setting... does it differ with speed?
So now the only parameter for the function is speed: we must assume the user commands full throttle.

Now suppose that your optimal setting suggests max efficieny at e.g. 5A when moving slowly. Do you think that results in a usable system? People will want to accelerate quicker even if that costs a few joules. Note that most transportationoptimizations are not optimal if you optimize against time or distance. You have to optimize the whole. All transportation optimizations allow more joules for earlier arrival.

devin

Postby devin » 04 Sep 2017, 13:26

Last edited by devin on 05 Sep 2017, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”