VESC vs "Native" controller

General topics and discussions about the VESC and its development.
rew
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: VESC vs "Native" controller

Postby rew » 28 Aug 2017, 18:38

devin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby devin » 28 Aug 2017, 18:50

rew

Postby rew » 29 Aug 2017, 03:42

I value a good discussion. But this is not it. To prevent others from thinking I might agree with what you are saying, I will from now on respond with a singele word: 'bullshit".

buran

Postby buran » 10 Sep 2017, 09:22

So, guys, I don't understand what are your hypothesis concerning the problem :)))

Rew (hello!) how can you explain the situation when observable ratio between max-speed and max-torque somehow depends on controller but not on motor constants?

thank you

rew

Postby rew » 13 Sep 2017, 09:47

I dont understand your question.

The VESC has internal limitations that cause the maximum dutycycle to be 95%. This results in say 47.5V max motor voltage at 50V battery voltage. Another ESC may be able to deliver 100% dutycycle and achieve a higher unloaded RPM.

Also SUPPOSE that the VESC has a control problem that makes it commutate too slowly at high RPM. Then the motor would run slower than it theoretically could. And this depends on the controller.

Return to “General”