Filter on current signal ok?

Discussions regarding the Field Oriented Control (FOC) implementation on the VESC.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Prevas_erra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Filter on current signal ok?

Postby Prevas_erra » 08 Sep 2016, 08:14

Hi

When I run my motor on higher speeds the current draw is much higher than expected.
I have a lowpass filter on the current sense (16kHz) that have some delay.
Now I wonder if the FOC algorithm needs to see the current correctly in every PWM period or if its the slower envelope that is used?
One degree of rotation is 13.9us at 12krpm, does the delay of some electrical degrees mess up the control?
Signal envelope.png
Signal envelope.png (49.74 KiB) Viewed 979 times

Scope picture of current in motor wire and signal to ADC.
Phase  A current and signal to ADC.png
Phase A current and signal to ADC.png (57.15 KiB) Viewed 979 times

Regards
Eric

Return to “FOC”