FOC on 12S - HW4.7 & 4.10

Discussions regarding the Field Oriented Control (FOC) implementation on the VESC.
whitepony
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: FOC on 12S - HW4.7 & 4.10

Postby whitepony » 02 Jan 2016, 20:07

hey okp, i noticed your loaded tesseract hah! my cantellated will be ready to run as soon as I finish my next battery! going for lightweight this time, probably with a cutout for my hand! :D

as for my first VESC HW4.10:

* unboxing -> download gui for mac os -> connect -> flash 2.7 FOC -> spin up motor in 20min. and this is not because Im smart, but because VESC and gui are simply awesome and very intuitive! hats off to all who contribute there!!

* FOC motor parameters on my 10S battery seems to be detected well - values look reasonable (pause video at start)
* motor runs very smoothly and without much noise, all it needs it probably a slightly increased startup boost
* havent tested motor under load yet, also Im still waiting for my JST adapter to connect the nunchuck!

very happy so far anyway - the noise, the spinup, its all MILES better than the ESCs i was using on my first build!

benjamin
Site Admin

Postby benjamin » 05 Jan 2016, 11:25

Thanks for all the testing and updates! Sorry for not replying earlier, I have been sick in bed for a week now.

If you are able to ride for a while without getting fault codes logged that is awesome. The latest firmware has some updates in the nunchuk code that could change things, but it is not easy to update your nunchuk since it has no working programming interface. I can send you a new PCB with USB programming support soon when I have worked a bit more on the nunchuk code.

okp

Postby okp » 06 Jan 2016, 22:13

thanks for the PCB !

By the way, I got two replacement vESC from David, ultra fast shipping... FOC works fine on 12S on these two new badboys.

IceNine
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby IceNine » 24 Aug 2016, 17:02

So, I discovered this post after attempting to configure FOC using 12S on an Enertion VESC 4.10 with a 6374 149Kv motor and burning a hole in the drv8302 chip.

Is replacement of the DRV8302 usually enough or are there other things that may have released the magic smoke?

IceNine

Postby IceNine » 25 Aug 2016, 16:18

Return to “FOC”