Solar car races

Post and discuss your VESC projects here.
Thor

Re: Solar car races

Postby Thor » 14 Sep 2017, 13:24

Mhh, that const is interessting but I can only find references to it in the BLDC code (mcpwm.c). I only use FOC mode and the issue is there, too. Therefore I doubt that this is the cause to the problems.

I also noticed that in FOC mode the triggered graphs are not 0 centered. It typically does not matter as the observer does not care about the absolute values of the channels. Only the differencials and timing are utilised to gain knowledge of the rotor position.

I am realy stoked to get on with the project. Especially as I now got the second controller ready to do a full replacement of our standart controllers in our cars. The World Solar Challenge happening right now is slowing things down, tho. Practically the whole team is down under at the moment and things will get worse before they get better. -.-

We will see.
Thor

Marto

Postby Marto » 12 Nov 2017, 07:47

Hello Thor, I am interested in your project. Did you have further progress?. If I can help you with some testing let me know (I can build from your published design, but I would need to know if needs updating for both hardware and software).

Thor

Postby Thor » 12 Nov 2017, 22:54

Hey, nice to here there is still some interesst. I see you posted at Fallens thread, too. Do you have some specific scenario to use a VESC+ for?

The latest commits in my github repo contain some minor bug fixes and optimisations. Beyond that the design is pretty much final. At the moment two prototypes are installed in one of our solar cars. The rear suspension is f***ed so we can't test drive but this will be fixed soon. We still got two major tasks on the todo list. First is integrate the HSWR in the existing CAN bus of the car. Second is print a nice enclosure. Hopefully we will drive at early december.

You will need to modify the sources to fit some changes in the hardware. I documented them in my bachelor theses but I do not remember them now. If you are interessted I could send a copy over?

Thor

Return to “VESC Projects”